7/08/2011

Summer time

Hello again! Let me tell you what`s going around me lately:

1. My first year in the academy is over with good results on the exams. I was a little worry for the chemistry, but I had luck to get an easy theme to speak. It`s passed now and I`ll not worry for exams until february. :)

2. I was on practice in The Rila Monastery for 2 weeks and I should tell you, if you`re coming to Bulgaria, visit this monastery, because it`s magical place. You can find more information for it here. And stay for the night there, it`s very different then. So that was 2 weeks without television, internet and mirrors! Very refreshing it was. As for the work, if you see some tourist photos from there with some people working on the gates with brushes and instruments, probably one of them is me. :) We were like the animals in the zoo, big attraction. Here is some photos from the practice:

We restored some of the scenes on the gates. I worked on The Samokov Gate.






3. I want to show you also my works from academy. I`m pretty satisfied with the copy of the orthodox icon, not so happy with my mural techniques, but I will do better next year.
Here it is my copies of icons - technological and fully copy: 

My mural techniques:



And the drawings and paintings I`ll show on single post. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment